Collaborative and respectful working relationships optimize teamwork, improve healthcare delivery, and enhance patient outcomes and satisfaction. This course examines the importance of collaboration and effective communication within multidisciplinary teams, and delivers strategies for assessing, improving, measuring and sustaining patient engagement.
It also explores how care managers can use active listening, clarifying messaging and other effective communication techniques to engage patients and other providers.
This effective care management training features four modules:
- Multidisciplinary Care Teams
- Patient-Family-Caregiver Engagement Strategies
- Discerning Meaning in Communication
- Community-Healthcare Partnerships
Perfect for RN case managers, social work case managers and care coordinators working in acute care, skilled nursing, long-term care or clinic settings, the full Relationship Building Across Settings course provides a foundation for deepening communication and strengthening relationships with patients, providers and community workers with the goal of improving patient outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Case Management Training Made Easy – Take the Whole Course or Individual Modules
This course will equip case managers to:
- Describe the advancements and purpose of multidisciplinary care teams
- Define the roles of various professionals within multidisciplinary care teams
- Describe the differences between communication and collaboration
- List the stages for developing effective communication and collaboration protocols within multidisciplinary care teams
- Define patient engagement and supporting concepts
- Explain the role of patient engagement on improving health outcomes, advancing patient and family experience, improving quality, and lowering costs
- Describe, select, and administer patient engagement measurement tools
- Apply strategies for improving professional engagement
- Detail the impact of health literacy and patient safety, learning styles, personal culture, and psychosocial experience on patient engagement
- Apply best practice strategies for assessing barriers, deterrents, and set-backs for patient and family engagement
- Apply best practice strategies for improving and sustaining patient and family engagement
- Describe the importance of each key element of meaningful communication
- Detail and model improved active listening
- Apply techniques for clarifying messaging
- Define, compare, and contrast various supportive and defensive styles of responding
- List communication challenges and solutions for verbal and non-verbal communication
- Describe how culturally insensitive actions can create communication challenges
- Apply techniques for managing emotions during communication
- Describe the types of community agencies available for patients with diverse health care needs
- Identify opportunities to engage community workers in developing realistic and sustainable care plans
- Discover where to access information about community agencies
This course is ideal for…
- New or experienced nurse case managers
- New or experienced social work case managers
- Care managers or care coordinators working in hospitals, clinics, skilled nursing facilities, or long-term care facilities
Get Your Complimentary eBook
“Patient Engagement & Patient Activation: Strategies for Supporting Self-Management Programs”
This eBook examines the evidence base surrounding patient engagement that leads to effective self-management, models that enhance patient activation, and more.
What sets this online education program apart?
- Best practice-based– learn the latest, most effective case management strategies, created by experts in the field
- Practical and relevant– build critical skills you can immediately apply in your work
- Highly interactive– our in-depth training utilizes case studies, interactive exercises, and pre- and post-tests to reinforce and reflect learning
- Flexible– course is 100 percent online, available whenever and wherever you need it
- Manageable– self-paced format allows you to work at your own speed and adjusts to your busy lifestyle
- Very affordable– the full course is our best value, but modules can also be purchased individually
Relationship Building Across Settings course has been pre-approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) to provide 12 hours continuing education credit to Certified Case Managers (CCMs).
Contact Us About This Case Management Course
Care Excellence’s courses for hospital care managers have been designed to give you exactly what you need, when you need it. Utilizing a state-of-the-art learning management system, the curriculum is interactive and engaging, utilizing case studies, pre- and post-tests, and other resources to maximize learning and retention. Take the entire Relationship Building course or focus your training on any combination of the modules below to address specific challenges.
Call us at 760-750-4006 to purchase multiple modules or if you need assistance designing a custom combination of solutions!
The Principles of Care Management course is available online and can be purchased both in its entirety or piecemeal by modules. Please call us for more information.
|Is taught:||Completely online, via self-paced courses|
|Begins:||Online modules are available immediately upon registration|
|Costs:||$336 per course (see module description for individual pricing)|
|Requires:||Computing skills sufficient to complete graduate work, access to a computer with an Internet connection.|
|Is ideal for:||Newly hired care managers and care coordinators, new nursing and social work graduates, experienced care managers looking for a refresher, or supervisors who can reinforce course content with their care managers|
|Provides:||26 nursing, social work and case management continuing education hours upon successful completion|
|Refund Policy:||Course is non-refundable once it has been accessed|