Patient Satisfaction and Healthcare Quality is a self-paced, online course that equips inpatient case managers to support and deliver patient-centered care that addresses the needs of the whole person with the goal of enhancing care, improving outcomes and healthcare experiences, and avoiding costly re-admissions.
Each person’s health and wellbeing is impacted by their mind, spirit, and social circumstances, as well as by their physical condition or disease prognosis. This course examines those relationships, explores how culture informs values and decision making, and delivers tools and resources that inpatient care managers can utilize to improve communication, address patient needs, engage in team building, and maximize limited resources.
Case Management Training Made Easy – Take the Whole Course or Individual Modules
Developed in collaboration with the California Hospital Association and leading experts in hospital case management, this effective care management training features five modules:
- Holistic Health Management
- Multicultural Care Management
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health
- Value and Resource Demands
- Team Problem Solving
This course is perfect for RN case managers, social work case managers and care coordinators working in acute care, skilled nursing, long-term care or clinic settings.
Get Your Complimentary eBook
“Patient Engagement & Patient Activation: Strategies for Supporting Self-Management Programs”
This eBook examines the evidence base surrounding patient engagement that leads to effective self-management, models that enhance patient activation, and more.
This course will equip hospital case managers to:
- Define quality of life in the context of healthcare and how it relates to medical outcomes, and examine specific interventions typical in holistic healthcare
- Apply best practices for inquiring about cultural identifications, learning about various cultures, collaborating and communicating with patients and their families, and for promoting an environment that champions inclusion and diversity
- Define social determinants of health, and how health coverage, cost of care, and accessibility to healthcare options impact them
- List strategies that demonstrate a commitment to quality of care and best practices for improving advocacy skills, cultivating interactions with patients, and refining resource management that champions inclusion and diversity
- Analyze the Triple and Quadruple Aim, tools for managing under- and overutilization, how to engage in service recovery for better outcomes
- Define problem solving, creativity, and creative problem solving, apply brainstorming techniques, and the importance of innovating for customer, patient, and stakeholder needs
- Apply tools for maximizing innovative collaboration, sustaining a competitive advantage, and motivating team problem solving
- … And more!
Contact Us About This Case Management Course
The Patient Satisfaction and Healthcare Quality course is available online and can be purchased in its entirety or by individual modules. Please call us for more information.
|Is taught:||Completely online, via self-paced courses|
|Begins:||Online modules are available immediately upon registration|
|Costs:||$476 per course (see module description for individual pricing)|
|Requires:||Computing skills sufficient to complete graduate work, access to a computer with an Internet connection|
|Is ideal for:||New or experienced inpatient care managers, care coordinators, or discharge planners working in hospitals, skilled nursing centers, long-term care facilities, and more|
|Provides:||17 Continuing Education hours upon successful completion|
|Refund Policy:||Course is non-refundable once it has been accessed|