Principles of Care Management delivers a deep dive into fundamental hospital case management strategies and resources, creating a framework to help new or experienced care managers and care coordinators understand how to optimize services and improve patient outcomes in acute care or clinical settings.
Case Management Training Made Easy – Take the Whole Course or Individual Modules
Developed in collaboration with the California Hospital Association and leading experts in hospital case management, this effective care management training features six modules:
- Concepts of Care Management
- Comprehensive Principles of Practice
- Evolution of Healthcare Management and Delivery
- Legal Issues and Hospitals
- Focusing on Peer Support, Burnout, and Civility
- Expanding Critical Thinking
This course is perfect for RN case managers, social work case managers and care coordinators working in acute care, skilled nursing, long-term care or clinic settings. It provides a detailed picture of effective case management in a hospital setting, where that fits within the broader healthcare system, and the vital role care managers play in improving health for diverse populations experiencing chronic illness or a health crisis.
Principles of Care Management course has been pre-approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) to provide 26 hours continuing education credit to Certified Case Managers (CCMs).
This course will equip case managers to:
- Identify the history of care management and how it impacts practice in today’s healthcare environment
- Define risk assessments to identify patients who may benefit from care management interventions
- Evaluate best practices to proactive care planning across healthcare settings to achieve optimal outcomes
- Assess the influence of changes and innovations in the healthcare delivery system on contemporary care management models
- Evaluate changes in the healthcare system and care management due to governmental engagement
- Examine how payment models define care management models
- Describe the benefits of peer support groups
- Explain the various venues where care managers can find peer support
- Distinguish between peer support and shared governance
- Differentiate between stress and burnout
- List contributors, signs, and symptoms of burnout
- Apply tactics for burnout prevention, neutralizing and recovering from burnout
- Apply strategies for mitigating incivility and championing civility in the workplace
- .. and more
This course is ideal for…
- New or experienced nurse case managers
- New or experienced social work case managers
- Care managers or care coordinators working in hospitals, clinics, skilled nursing facilities, or long-term care facilities
Get Your Complimentary eBook
“Patient Engagement & Patient Activation: Strategies for Supporting Self-Management Programs”
This eBook examines the evidence base surrounding patient engagement that leads to effective self-management, models that enhance patient activation, and more.
What sets this online education program apart?
- Best practice-based– learn the latest, most effective case management strategies, created by experts in the field
- Practical and relevant– build critical skills you can immediately apply in your work
- Highly interactive– our in-depth training utilizes case studies, interactive exercises, and pre- and post-tests to reinforce and reflect learning
- Flexible– course is 100 percent online, available whenever and wherever you need it
- Manageable– self-paced format allows you to work at your own speed and adjusts to your busy lifestyle
- Very affordable– the full course is our best value, but modules can also be purchased individually
Contact Us About This Case Management Course
Care Excellence’s courses for hospital care managers have been designed to give you exactly what you need, when you need it. Utilizing a state-of-the-art learning management system, the curriculum is interactive and engaging, utilizing case studies, pre- and post-tests, and other resources to maximize learning and retention. Take the entire Principles of Care Management course, or laser focus your training on any combination of the modules below to address specific challenges.
Call us at 760-750-4006 to purchase multiple modules or if you need assistance designing a custom combination of solutions!
The Principles of Care Management course is available online and can be purchased both in its entirety or piecemeal by modules. Please call us for more information.
|Is taught:||Completely online, via self-paced courses|
|Begins:||Online modules are available immediately upon registration|
|Costs:||$728 per course (see module description for individual pricing)|
|Requires:||Computing skills sufficient to complete graduate work, access to a computer with an Internet connection.|
|Is ideal for:||Newly hired care managers and care coordinators, new nursing and social work graduates, experienced care managers looking for a refresher, or supervisors who can reinforce course content with their care managers|
|Provides:||26 nursing, social work and case management continuing education hours upon successful completion|
|Refund Policy:||Course is non-refundable once it has been accessed|