Case Management Principles, the first course in our Foundational series, establishes a framework for case management, and helps new or experienced care managers and care coordinators understand the theoretical basis and practical application of fundamental case management strategies and resources.
This effective care management training features eight modules:
- Principles of Practice
- Healthcare Management and Delivery
- Managed Care Principles
- Face to Face vs. Telephonic Care Management
- Care Management Teams, Ancillary Services, and Partnerships
- Peer Support, Burnout Prevention, and Safety
- Critical Thinking Fundamentals
Perfect for RN case managers, social work case managers and care coordinators working in health plans or any care setting, the full Case Management Principles course provides a comprehensive, detailed picture of what case management is, where it fits within the broader healthcare system, and the vital role care managers play in improving health and wellbeing for large populations of people.
Case Management Training Made Easy – Take the Whole Course or Individual Modules
The Care Excellence Course is great. It has given me ideas and the ability to brainstorm on how to take on challenges with my daily tasks. The courses and website is very easy to go through and organized.Cheryl Martiniano, Care Coordination Technician, Health Plan of San Mateo
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define care manager roles and responsibilities and identify the driving force for each role
- List red flags for potential crisis and identify interventions for preventing crisis
- Identify ethical issues in care manager-client professional relationships
- Identify characteristics and terms related to protected and vulnerable populations
- Apply best practices for interventions that positively modify client behaviors
- Identify care management opportunities and outcomes in today’s healthcare environment
- Describe utilization management
- Explain person-centered care
- Describe the roles, responsibilities, barriers and benefits of face-to-face and telephonic care management
- Identify the risk and warning signs of potential violence
- And more …
Delivered in an engaging, interactive and self-paced format, this intensive case management training also equips care managers with tactics for preventing and neutralizing burnout; applying coping and management strategies for vicarious trauma; and applying tools for diffusing violence and practicing safety.
This course is ideal for…
- New or experienced nurse case managers
- New or experienced social work case managers
- Care managers or care coordinators working for health plans or any care setting
Care Excellence’s case management education is perfect for individuals or teams and has been utilized by large health plans to onboard new care managers, as well as to reinforce and up-level case management skills throughout organizations.
Get Your Complimentary eBook
“Patient Engagement & Patient Activation: Strategies for Supporting Self-Management Programs”
This eBook examines the evidence base surrounding patient engagement that leads to effective self-management, models that enhance patient activation, and more.
What sets this online education program apart?
- Best practice-based– learn the latest, most effective case management strategies, created by experts in the field
- Practical and relevant– build critical skills you can immediately apply in your work
- Highly interactive– our in-depth training utilizes case studies, interactive exercises, and pre- and post-tests to reinforce and reflect learning
- Flexible– course is 100 percent online, available whenever and wherever you need it
- Manageable– self-paced format allows you to work at your own speed and adjusts to your busy lifestyle
- Very affordable– the full course is our best value, but modules can also be purchased individually
The Case Management Principles for Case Managers course has been pre-approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) to provide 17 hours continuing education credit to Certified Case Managers (CCMs).
Contact Us About This Case Management Course
All of the case management training courses offered through Care Excellence have been designed to give you exactly what you need, when you need it. Feel free to take the entire Case Management Principles course for a broader understanding or laser focus your training on any combination of the modules below to address specific challenges. Please call us if you want to purchase multiple modules or if you need assistance designing a custom combination of solutions.
The Case Management Principles course is available online and can be purchased both in its entirety or piecemeal by modules. Please call us for more information.
|Is taught:||Completely online, via self-paced courses|
|Begins:||Online modules are available immediately upon registration|
|Costs:||$595 per course (see module description for individual pricing)|
|Requires:||Computing skills sufficient to complete graduate work, access to a computer with an Internet connection.|
|Is ideal for:||Newly hired care managers and care coordinators, new nursing and social work graduates, experienced care managers looking for a refresher, or supervisors who can reinforce course content with their care managers|
|Provides:||17 nursing, social work and case management continuing education hours upon successful completion|
|Refund Policy:||Course is non-refundable once it has been accessed|