Hospital care managers must be experts at addressing crisis situations, ranging from those that involve specific patients and families, to large-scale emergencies and crisis scenarios common in healthcare environments.
This course delivers effective approaches for defusing and managing high-stress situations between patients and providers, or between team members. It also provides clear interventions and communication strategies that care managers can employ during natural disasters and other emergencies.
This effective care management training features two modules:
- Crisis Intervention Concepts
- Crisis Intervention Strategies
Successful completion of these two modules in this course is a prerequisite for taking the in-person Crisis Communication course.
Case Management Training Made Easy – Take the Whole Course or Individual Modules
This course will equip case managers to:
- Identify nine cornerstone care management concepts that are critical in addressing patient crises
- Identify common crisis scenarios that occur in healthcare settings
- Utilize simple evidence-based responses for each of these scenarios
- Understand strategies used to assist patients in coping with health crisis or disaster
- Utilize strategies specific to aggressive patient behavior and the prevention of such aggression
- Identify strategies critical to victims of violence and aggression
Delivered in an engaging, interactive and self-paced format, this intensive training equips care managers with crisis-management strategies focused on prioritizing and meeting the needs of each patient, whether the crisis is personal or on a large scale. De-escalation, emotional first aid, and working with patients to complete or explore safe alternatives to their medical care are critical skills for care managers.
This course is ideal for…
- New or experienced nurse case managers
- New or experienced social work case managers
- Care managers or care coordinators working in hospitals, clinics, skilled nursing facilities, or long-term care facilities
Get Your Complimentary eBook
“Patient Engagement & Patient Activation: Strategies for Supporting Self-Management Programs”
This eBook examines the evidence base surrounding patient engagement that leads to effective self-management, models that enhance patient activation, and more.
What sets this online education program apart?
- Best practice-based– learn the latest, most effective case management strategies, created by experts in the field
- Practical and relevant– build critical skills you can immediately apply in your work
- Highly interactive– our in-depth training utilizes case studies, interactive exercises, and pre- and post-tests to reinforce and reflect learning
- Flexible– course is 100 percent online, available whenever and wherever you need it
- Manageable– self-paced format allows you to work at your own speed and adjusts to your busy lifestyle
- Very affordable– the full course is our best value, but modules can also be purchased individually
Crisis Intervention and Management course has been pre-approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) to provide 6 hours continuing education credit to Certified Case Managers (CCMs).
Contact Us About This Case Management Course
Care Excellence’s courses for hospital care managers have been designed to give you exactly what you need, when you need it. Utilizing a state-of-the-art learning management system, the curriculum is interactive and engaging, utilizing case studies, pre- and post-tests, and other resources to maximize learning and retention. Take the entire Crisis Intervention Management course, or laser focus your training on any combination of the modules below to address specific challenges.
Call us at 760-750-4006 to purchase multiple modules or if you need assistance designing a custom combination of solutions!
The Crisis Intervention and Management course is available online and can be purchased both in its entirety or piecemeal by modules. Please call us for more information.
|Is taught:||Completely online, via self-paced courses|
|Begins:||Online modules are available immediately upon registration|
|Costs:||$168 per course (see module description for individual pricing)|
|Requires:||Computing skills sufficient to complete graduate work, access to a computer with an Internet connection.|
|Is ideal for:||Newly hired care managers and care coordinators, new nursing and social work graduates, experienced care managers looking for a refresher, or supervisors who can reinforce course content with their care managers|
|Provides:||6 nursing, social work and case management continuing education hours upon successful completion|
|Refund Policy:||Course is non-refundable once it has been accessed|